The emergence of new applications and technological advances has opened new and wider pathways for people to ensure effective science communication. This has become more significant after more than two years of difficulties and restrictions due to the COVID-19 epidemiological crisis, in which online platforms gained great relevance and proved key to keep up the drive for science communication (Barral, 2020). Aware of this, the first edition of the Palaeontological Virtual Congress (PVC) was organised in December 2018 by a team of young researchers from different nationalities. The purpose of that new congress format was simply to disseminate worldwide the most recent scientific advances in palaeontology in a fast, easy, inexpensive and inclusive way.
- Barral, A. (2020) Virtual conferences are the future. Nature Ecology & Evolution, 4, 666–667. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41559-020-1172-z
- Crespo, V.D. & Citton, P. (2021) 2nd Palaeontological Virtual Congress: Palaeontology in the virtual era. Acta Palaeontologica Polonica, 66 (Supplement 3), S1–S3. https://doi.org/10.4202/app.00938.2021
- Crespo, V.D. & Manzanares, E. (2019) Palaeontological Virtual Congress: A new way to make science. Palaeontologia Electronica, 22.3.pvc-preface, 1–4. https://doi.org/10.26879/1037
- Crespo, V.D., Manzanares, E., Marquina-Blasco, R., Suñer, M., Herráiz, J.L., Gamonal, A., Arnal, F.A.M., Ferrón, H.G., Gascó, F. & Martínez-Pérez, C. (2018) 1st Palaeontological Virtual Congress. Book of Abstracts. Palaeontology in the virtual era, 212 pp.
- Vlachos, E., Cruzado-Caballero, P, Crespo, V.D., Ríos Ibañez, M., Arnal, F.A.M., Herraiz, J.L., Gascó-Lluna, F., Guerrero-Arenas, R. & Ferrón, H.G. (2021) 3rd Palaeontological Virtual Congress. Book of Abstracts. Palaeontology in the virtual era, 304 pp.
- Vlachos, E., Manzanares, E., Crespo, V.D., Martínez-Pérez, C., Ferrón, H.G., Herráiz, J.L., Gamonal, A., Arnal, F.A.M., Gascó, F. & Citton, P. (2020) 2nd Palaeontological Virtual Congress. Book of Abstracts. Palaeontology in the virtual era, 205 pp.