New collection efforts led to re-discovery of Carabus (Carabus) vinctus (Weber) in Louisiana after the first record in 1874. The presumed range of the species in Louisiana is confined to the bottomland forests of the Lake Pontchartrain hydrological system including the lower flows of incoming streams. New locality extends the range of the species in the Gulf States almost 100 miles to the west and represents the most southwestern point of the whole range. Morphologically specimens from Louisiana are close to the Alabama specimens and belong to the var. georgiae Csiki.
- Bousquet Y. 2012. Catalogue of Geadephaga (Coleoptera, Adephaga) of America, north of Mexico. ZooKeys 245 (Special Issue), 1722 pp. https://doi.org/10.3897/zookeys.245.3416
- Březina B. 1999. World catalogue of the genus Carabus L. Pensoft, Sofia - Moscow.
- Deuve T. 2004. Illustrated catalogue of the genus Carabus of the World (Coleoptera: Carabidae). Pensoft, Sofia-Moscow. x + 461 pp.
- Erwin T. L. 2007. A treatise on the Western Hemisphere Caraboidea (Coleoptera): their classification, distributions, and way of life. Volume I (Trachypachidae, Carabidae - Nebriiformes 1). Pensoft, Sofia-Moscow. 323 pp. + 22 pls.
- Lorenz W. 2005. Systematic list of extant ground beetles of the world (Insecta Coleoptera “Geadephaga”: Trachypachidae and Carabidae incl. Paussinae, Cicindelinae, Rhysodinae). Second edition. [Author], Titzing (Germany). [ii] + 530 pp.
- Summers S. V. 1874. Catalogue of the Coleoptera from the region of Lake Pontchartrain, La. Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences 2 [1874–75]: 78–99.
- Van Dyke E. C. 1945. A review of the North American species of the genus Carabus Linnaeus. Entomologica Americana (new series) 24 : 87–137.
- Weber F. 1801. Observationes entomologicae, continentes novorum quae condidit generum characteres, et nuper detectarum specierum descriptiones. Impensis Bibliopolii Academici Novi, Kiliae. xii + 116 pp. https://doi.org/10.5962/bhl.title.8639